In 2010, adult literacy providers throughout the 37-town Greater Hartford Region, finalized the Capital Region Adult Literacy Plan. This plan, approved by the CT Employment and Training Commission (CETC), is the culmination of a three-year collaborative effort among adult literacy stakeholders to identify best practices, establish and test innovative programs and make systemic changes.The Plan calls for a coordinated network of literacy services that will:
- Align provider services with student and employer needs
- Provide common assessment and referral services for all literacy providers
- Promote innovation and best practices in the delivery of literacy services
- Ensure results-based accountability from all providers
- Pursue the policy initiatives necessary to effectively address this challenge.
To guide the implementation of this plan, key stakeholders have formed the Move UP! Partnership for Adult Learning to channel the organizational, financial and political capital necessary to achieve these critical objectives.
Click here to see the entire Capital Region Adult Literacy Plan.